Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Studying Islam and Paganism part 1

I have decided, at least for right now, that I am studying Islam and Paganism/Wicca.  Both of these religions have something that draws me to them.  The very personal relationship with Allah and sisterhood one Muslimah to another draws me to Islam.  The freedom of Paganism and the rituals involved draw me to it.  (Note: I'm in a lot of pain right now so I can't be positive I'm making sense, though I do know what I mean to say.)  I am learning a few vocabulary words, such as Muslimah (a Muslim woman who lives for Allah) and hijab (the covering an observant Muslim man or woman wears).  Oh, and if you realize that I say something wrong about Islam or any other religion, as in I define a word wrong, please tell me.

I got the book Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner by Scott Cunningham from paperbackswap but I haven't started it yet.  The first book I read on Islam is Dr. Quanta Ahmed's In the Land of Invisible Women.  So many of my long held prejudices are breaking down as I learn more.  I'm gonna have to end this blog now, I'm in too much pain.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...