Saturday, February 5, 2011

Belief-O-Matic!

I was looking around on a website today called Beliefnet.  I found this nifty little quiz called the "Belief-O-Matic."  The name caught my eye because it is funny, but I do think a few of the questions in it have substance.  I've decided I'd like to learn a little more about some of these religions, if for nothing else, knowledge.  My DH said he just couldn't see me being Muslim or a Scientologist.  I told him I couldn't see myself being a Protestant Christian.  Religion has become a new hobby for me.  I love learning about religion. I started on my own religious journey but then I discovered a new passion for learning.  I have a Islam tutor I work with through email so I can learn about Islam.  I am learning about Judaism from my bff on Facebook.  I am learning about paganism from books, blogs, FB, Twitter, and of course, DH.  I wonder if it is possible to be completely unbiased while studying religion.  I try not to be biased but I admit that some bias does come in.  I think it is nearly impossible to be completely unbiased.  Anyway, I thought I'd post the results to this quiz, not because I'm going to base my religion on it, but because it's food for thought.  I hope everyone is having a nice weekend.


A Personality quiz about your religious and spiritual beliefs

Send it to a friendTo send your Belief-O-Matic Quiz results to a friend please click here.

Your Results

The top score on the list below represents the faith that Belief-O-Matic, in its less than infinite wisdom, thinksmost closely matches your beliefs. However, even a score of 100% does not mean that your views are all shared by this faith, or vice versa.
Belief-O-Matic then lists another 26 faiths in order of how much they have in common with your professed beliefs. The higher a faith appears on this list, the more closely it aligns with your thinking.
How did the Belief-O-Matic do? Discuss your results on our message boards.
1. Neo-Pagan (100%)
2. Unitarian Universalism (93%)
3. New Age (90%)
4. Mahayana Buddhism (85%)
5. Theravada Buddhism (84%)
6. Liberal Quakers (77%)
7. Secular Humanism (74%)
8. Jainism (69%)
9. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (69%)
10. New Thought (64%)
11. Reform Judaism (62%)
12. Scientology (60%)
13. Hinduism (59%)
14. Taoism (52%)
15. Sikhism (51%)
16. Nontheist (45%)
17. Baha'i Faith (44%)
18. Orthodox Quaker (44%)
19. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (42%)
20. Orthodox Judaism (34%)
21. Islam (25%)
22. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (21%)
23. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (17%)
24. Eastern Orthodox (17%)
25. Roman Catholic (17%)
26. Seventh Day Adventist (15%)
27. Jehovah's Witness (11%)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...