Monday, December 27, 2010

Classes on Judaism and 'Why Islam is Not for Me' Part I

I have exciting news since last time.  I have been taking informal lessons in Judaism.  I'm really excited about this.    I have not really studied much about Judaism.  My first lesson was about Kosher.  I took notes during the lesson given by one of my best friends...who happens to teach about Judaism at her Temple!  I think that me asking her if she could help and then finding out she teaches is more than a coincidence.  Either way I am very excited to learn.

Most of this post will be delegated to Islam.  When I first started reading the Qur'an I thought that it was a beautiful Book.  I was amazed at the ease of understanding and intrigued by this Book.  Beyond that, the more I read the Book, the more I realized Islam is absolutely not the religion for me.  The more I read about Allah, the more I am convinced that he is an angry and vengeful God.  Instead of a book of prayer, devotion, and religious instruction, the Qur'an reads like a warning of what Hell will be like.  Shouldn't someone want to live a good, moral life because they want to, not because they are afraid not to?  For example,
Indeed, those who disbelieve in Our verses - We will drive them into a Fire. Every time their skins are roasted through We will replace them with other skins so they may taste the punishment. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted in Might and Wise. 4:56
But those who disbelieved and denied Our signs - they are the companions of Hellfire. 5:86
They impatiently urge you to bring about evil before good, while there has already occurred before them similar punishments [to what they demand]. And indeed, your Lord is full of forgiveness for the people despite their wrongdoing, and indeed, your Lord is severe in penalty. 13:6
And never think that Allah is unaware of what the wrongdoers do. He only delays them for a Day when eyes will stare [in horror]. 14:42 
Before him is Hell, and he will be given a drink of purulent water. He will gulp it but will hardly [be able to] swallow it.  And death will come to him from everywhere, but he is not to die. And before him is a massive punishment. 14:16-17
And say, "The truth is from your Lord, so whoever wills - let him believe; and whoever wills - let him disbelieve." Indeed, We have prepared for the wrongdoers a fire whose walls will surround them. And if they call for relief, they will be relieved with water like murky oil, which scalds [their] faces. Wretched is the drink, and evil is the resting place.  18:29 
Now tell me, does this sound like a god full of love or a god who sits around all day dreaming up ways to punish and new tortures for the Chastisement?  I feel that Allah does not exist, or if he does that he is a mean and spiteful deity, more like the Christian devil than a "good" deity.  I have more Qur'an quotes I've been writing down for future posts, hence this being a Part I.  The more I learn about Islam the less nice things I have to say about it.  Before I knew anything about it I respected the religion.  After learning about it I cannot understand why someone would willingly become Muslim.

2 comments:

MuhdIskandar said...

I tell you why..Thank you for your concern,yes God is full of love and Kindness..As Muslim we all know that..and as his follower..we also should follow the rules that God has given to us..God try to tell us what we cannot do and we should do..its up to us to follow it or not,as you know what you do in this world will someday be judge by our God..not someone else..your sin cannot be forgiven by human.only god has the power to forgive you..as you may already read stop making consumption about what Islam is..because you would'nt know...if you are curious about Islam you should ask Muslim people..Al-Quran has many good reason why everyone of us as human should read it and know what it said..Its about the relationship towards human kind,animal and your enemy..Quran told us that as human we should pray to god,only to him we can ask for forgivness and pray..Islam is simple as it is..many people now days said that Islam is something about hatred and killing people..but if you ask us..the Muslim people..we love Celine dion,MJ...we love peace..don't judge us by what other Muslim do..I was cristian before..i know how it was like to be cristian..i know they tell you to be good..Bible said that you have to be kind..same as Quran,but the Quran also direactly tell you what you'll get if you do something that not nice,so that we will follow the rules that been given to us that is for our own good.I was once an altar boy at st.cathedral church (malaysia)..and i also already been receiving the conformation..i tell you..it hard for me also to accept what i been reading (the Holy Quran) but then i get curios and start to ask people about what it said..and supprisingly what i read and what i been told is more complex and we easly to understand the meaning of it..As we know Quran also told us how to make be good,the way we should live..we way we do the business,talk about married,how to perform hajj,everything that we do not know is alredy been given to us the answer inside the Quran.

Im here standing and posting this comment did not accuse you and anyone else but its about time to tell everyone that Islam is not all the thing that you been heard and think..we as an human kind living in the same planet we called (Earth) we should respect other people religious and if we notice something that is not right,don't straight away judge them but to ask and understand what they been doing,and if we do not agreed what else we can do..for everyone religious is important but for me religion,peace,respect,kindness,helping others is what i love the most..and our religion tell us to do that but yet a few have listen..

I respect what you have been right here..we know that we have the right to say what we like inside this blog..but you shoudnt put your other people and your judgment before you ask and read carefully what our Al-Quran said.so i ask humbly please change this article and also about the the women that been told as Muslim god..how come i also dont know..so the moral is this ask people that know the story of the Quran..it said that people at that time don't listen to what the Prophet said..they make them selve their own god for them to worship..it happen to many prophet..so that is why the Quran said something about it inside the Holy Quran..what happen to the people that did not listen to the prophet and many others story regarding about what has happened..Ask as what you did not know about Islam we will willingly tell you..i respect you religious and other people religious..may you would do the same..

MuhdIskandar said...

Sorry about my worst english..well im still learning..hope to make an progression...

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...